Friday, May 23, 2008
Went to Orchard again. I didn't find much to buy, because I didn't really go anywhere. Just Wisma and NAC again. I got ANOTHER grey top despite my determination to buy something in gold. Why gold? Because it goes well with my skin tone, proven by my nail polish. What's ironic is that it was an enemy who told me so. But there wasn't anything in gold. Well there was, in Topshop, but it was ginormous.
Also I was feeling depressed and I liked how the top matched my bleak mood. ahaha. I didn't really have a reason to feel bad then but I'm a teenager and my hormones are treacherous.
I got home at 4pm and just laid around and counted the cracks in the wall and ravaged some kingdoms on Warbook. I felt slightly better. At 6.30 I saw an sms from Naomi asking me if I wanted to go to TJC's mardi gras carnival thingaling and I decided I was going, even though her school is SO FAR from home. I needed to be distracted.
I reached around 8.30. The long bus journey was treacherous and cold and my contacts were shrivelling up on my eyeballs and I was miserable. Naomi and Jinghui were there, and I wasn't the latest, thank the heavens or I'd feel even worse. David and a friend were coming too.
It was weird, I hadn't seen them for so very long. I hadn't seen N and J for three months. It felt like years. Now and then it felt like the old times but I know that it's all different. I'm not who/what I used to be, for one thing.
We didn't do much and I didn't stay too long. We just hung out near the foodstalls and got some ice cream which sort of sucked, in my opinion. I was happy to see them but weirdly enough I felt even sadder at the same time. I gave up smiling and usual wisecracks within 10 minutes.
I saw a couple of old friends and acquaintences. They hadn't changed much. Well one of them manage to shake off some of his pot-belly.
When I got home it was 11pm. I need a good cry to release my pentup whatever but the tears won't come. Which sort of sucks, because it means I'm going to cry at the wrong moment, ie, in front of everybody.
i thought the world of you
11:44 PM